Thought I'd get some advice from people more in the know than myself. We are looking at a VoIP solution as we are moving into the new EPIC hub in Christchurch when it opens. We will be on a 100Mbps fiber connection with Unleash. We've been recommended a few providers to ensure bandwidth quality: DTS, Orcacom, 2Talk, A1 Communications, IT Telenet. Open to anyone though.
Looking at about 5 numbers - 1 general and 4 ddi's I guess. We have 1 local number at the moment so would want to port this. Ideal to get extra numbers close to this.
Bit of a newbie when it comes to VoIP so have a few questions.
- Does the device plug into the computer or a free ethernet port/wireless?
- If computer, if it's turned off can it still be able to come through to another device?
- Can you have a mixed solution of being able to use a phone and computer on the same number? So we could use a headset and record the call if we want to?
Have done a bit of research and it looks like some providers offer pretty cool features and solutions, but not sure if we'll utilise all of it.
Want something with the best value for money (good support, good service etc), doesn't have to necessarily be the cheapest.
So recapping things we need:
- 5 numbers
- 4 devices - cordless phones or wireless headsets
- Ability to record conversations
- Call forwarding if the internet is down (we all have mobiles)
- Reasonable calling rates
If I think of anything else I'll add them in. Thanks in advance.