Hello, I am wanting to setup a basic lab to study towards CCNA Voice, but am finding a lot of conflicting / confusing advice on the net.
Can someone please help me. I just dont want to spend hundreds and then realise I have made a mistake.
Someone else summarised what I need to get ready for the latest requirements of CCNA Voice 640-461. They said:
· The exam is based on new ISR G2 routers (2900 and 3900) but those are too expensive, so I recommend to get ISR 1 like a 2800 or 1861 or from 3800.
· you need IOS 15 for your router.
·1 AIM-CUE-1GB (Voice Mail Module) for router (goes inside so match the model of your router)
·CME 8 as the exam is based on v.8, which requires IOS 15.
I have checked out Trademe but there are no 2800, 1861 or 3800 routers with IOS 15.
Basically I need a but of guidance from someone in the know regarding points such as:
- the feasibility of buying a suitable router and upgrading to IOS 15
- the cost involved of that and getting CME 8 etc.
- what my total outlay will need to be roughly.
Even though I have CCNA I dont have any industry experience so am a newbie with hardware setups.
Or is there someone out there who has just passed 640-461 with a home lab setup that can tell me exactly the gear they used ?
Thanks kindly for any help.