freitasm: I havee only skimmed the discussion, but some stuff to consider:
- Vodafone is acquiring the largest unbundled local network (TelstraClear's got more gear in exchanges around the country than other ISPs).
- Vodafone is getting a national backbone. The implications are huge, and will allow then to increase bandwidth allowing a much bigger traffic for their mobile data up and down the country.
- Vodafone is getting a troublesome transparent proxy. I hope they can fix the overselling of that proxy farm sooner rather than later.
- DMZGlobal is a good acquisition for them.
- In my opinion it will be months, if not years before anything changes for Internet consumers...
Largest LLU? Where did you get this from?
Agree about the national backbone. Voda is Telecom Wholesale/Chorus's biggest customer for backhaul traffic on their mobile network.