Microsoft announced a few days ago to pull Windows 7 off the market early in order to force people to buy Windows 8; which has not been selling well at all so far; but have now reinstated Windows 7 sales for the time being after an avalanche of complaints broke out across the net.
I'm wondering what the sentiment is about this here on Geekzone?
Pick one of the follow and explain why
1) You are opposed to Windows 8 (there is a large group that feels operating Win8 is counter-intuitive and intended for tablet/mobile use rather than on a desktop)
2) You feel Windows 8 is not suitable for business use and therefore can not upgrade from XP/7
3) You have been happy with Windows 8 from day 1
4) You have been happy with Windows 8 since the 8.1 update which changed the "start menu"
5) You have been happy with Windows 8 after the introduction of 3rd-party tools that bring the OS back to a Windows 7 style interface
On a personal note, I feel that Microsoft could have prevented a lot of dissatisfaction by their customer base had they simply kept the usability options open by choice.
Such as supplying a configuration panel feature which allows you to enable/disable Metro, and one that allows you to enable/disable the Aero Glass design, possibly even extending it by adding several different interfaces rather than sticking to the "one fits all" theory.