Got my Raspberry Pi from Element14 a couple of days ago and have started to have a play with Raspbmc. I was having trouble accessing content on other hosts, with XBMC telling me it couldn't find a path to the host. I figured it was just an XBMC issue until I started playing around a bit more.
I loaded up images for Raspian "Wheezy" and Incredible Pi PBX onto seperate SD cards and it quickly became apparent that the network issue wasn't specific to the XBMC install I had.
I did some playing around and established that on all distributions I have tried the following happens:
- I can communicate with my Router (192.168.1.1) and out to the internet fine from the Pi
- I can connect to (ping/ssh/http/whatever) to the Raspberry Pi (192.168.1.70 assigned by DHCP) from the LAN
- I CANNOT connect to any LAN hosts (All on 192.168.1.x) from the Pi (Destination host unreachable, etc)
I have tried the following:
- 3 different distributions running on 3 seperate SD card (as above)
- I have tried manually setting an IP address and subnet mask
- I have tried a totally different router and network cables
- Tried with vanilla installs of the distros - no changes from the default
- Tried a different subnet (Setup hosts on a new network (inc hardware) on 192.168.2.x)
Basically, as far as I can tell, I have eliminated all possible causes apart from the Pi hardware itself, but it's just an odd problem and I can't possible see how a hardware fault would cause such a specific connectively issue.
Has anyone seen anything like this, or can you suggest anything I can try to resolve?