HTC AND MICROSOFT UNVEIL FIRST SIGNATURE WINDOWS PHONES
New Windows Phone 8X and 8S by HTC to be available through more than 150 mobile operators globally
NEW YORK, 19th September, 2012 — HTC, a global leader in mobile innovation and design, and Microsoft today unveiled the first signature Windows Phones, the stunning Windows Phone 8X and 8S by HTC. The smartphones feature the new Windows Phone 8 operating system and boast iconic design, studio-quality sound with Beats Audio and incredible camera capabilities.
“Pairing HTC’s beautiful new Windows Phone 8X and 8S with our brand is a big milestone for both companies,” said Steve Ballmer, CEO of Microsoft. “Together we are offering customers a clear choice and a truly unique experience. I’m thrilled to take our longstanding partnership to the next level.”
“We’ve been inspired by Windows Phone 8 to create new smartphones that give the platform the iconic design and personality it deserves,” said Peter Chou, CEO of HTC Corporation. “Windows Phone has clearly emerged as one of the top mobile ecosystems and is competitive against any other smartphone platform in the world.”
The only phone with Live Tiles, Windows Phone has a clear, differentiated vision and the consumer experience has been widely recognized as being groundbreaking, innovative and fresh. HTC created the Windows Phone 8X and 8S to blend the virtual and the physical utilizing a three dimensional, pure uni-body design based on the Windows Phone Live Tiles. The Windows Phone 8X and 8S by HTC are perfectly sculpted with a dramatic taper making them feel magically thin in your hand.
Because color is such an integral part of the Windows Phone experience, HTC is bringing bold, sophisticated and adventurous colors in a premium matte finish to these devices. The Windows Phone 8X will come in a variety of colors including California Blue, Graphite Black, Flame Red and Limelight Yellow. The Windows Phone 8S by HTC will be available in Domino, Fiesta Red, Atlantic Blue and High-Rise Gray.
Capture and share your world
For the first time, HTC is introducing a 2.1mp, f/2.0 aperture, 88° ultra-wide angle front-facing camera that allows up to four people and more to be captured at once. It also supports 1080p video capture. The rear camera sports an 8mp CMOS sensor with backside-illumination (BSI) for improved low-light performance, along with an f/2.0 aperture, 28mm lens and a dedicated imaging chip. A physical shutter button makes it quick and easy to capture spontaneous action, even if the phone is locked.
Spectacular Sound with Beats Audio
Exclusively available on HTC smartphones, Beats Audio provides authentic, studio-quality sound that delivers the spirit of the original recording. The Windows Phone 8X by HTC featuring Beats Audio also offers a unique audio amplifier powering the 3.5mm audio jack and the speaker, boosting the audio signal for even better sound no matter if you’re listening to music, playing a game or watching a video.
The Windows Phone 8X by HTC features a beautiful, 4.3” HD-resolution super LCD 2 screen protected from everyday bumps and scrapes by lightweight Gorilla Glass 2, while optical lamination reduces reflections and glare, ensuring you see every detail. The Windows Phone 8S by HTC boasts a bright super LCD 4” screen with Gorilla Glass, allowing users to see the Windows Phone Live Tiles, and every message and photo, with crystal clarity and sparkling color.
With the Windows Phone 8X and 8S by HTC people can carry their favorite music, movies and photos with them wherever they go. With the Windows Phone Store and Xbox Live, it is easier than ever to enjoy the latest video, music and games on the move.
The Windows Phone 8X and 8S by HTC will be available beginning in November. Available through more than 150 carriers in 50+ countries, the Windows Phone 8X or 8S by HTC will be available from the world’s top carriers including: United States: AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless. Europe: Orange, O2 Telefonica, MTS, Three UK, T-Mobile, and Vodafone Asia-Pacific: Chunghwa Telecom, Optus, Singapore Telecommunications Ltd (Singtel), Smartone, Telstra and Vodafone Australia.
In the US, the Windows Phone 8X by HTC will be available for a suggested retail price of $199.99 at AT&T and T-Mobile.
Windows Phone 8S by HTC specification
- SIZE: 120.5 x 63 x 10.28mm
- WEIGHT: 113 grams with battery
- DISPLAY: super LCD display, with Gorilla Glass for greater durability
- SCREEN: 4-inch touch screen with WVGA (800x 480) resolution
- CPU SPEED Qualcomm S4 1 GHz dual-core
- MEMORY Total storage: 4 GB
- RAM: 512 MB
- EXPANSION SLOT: MicroSD card
- CAMERA: 5 megapixel camera with auto focus and LED flash, f/2.8 aperture and 35mm lens, 720p HD video recording with stereo sound, dedicated camera button
Windows Phone 8X by HTC specification
- SIZE: 132.35 x 66.2 x 10.12mm
- WEIGHT: 130 grams with battery
- DISPLAY: 341ppi super LCD 2 display, with Gorilla Glass for greater durability. Optical lamination for superior sharpness & clarity plus reduced light reflection
- SCREEN: 4.3-inch touch screen with HD 720p (1280x720) resolution
- CPU SPEED Qualcomm S4 1.5 GHz dual-core processor
- MEMORY Total storage: 16 GB
- RAM: 1 GB
- MAIN CAMERA: 8 megapixel camera with auto focus, LED flash and BSI sensor (for better low-light captures), f/2.0 aperture and 28mm lens, 1080p HD video recording with stereo sound, Dedicated HTC ImageChip for fast focus speed and clearer, sharper shots, dedicated camera button
- FRONT CAMERA: 2.1 megapixel camera, f/2.0 aperture and ultra-wide-angle lens, 1080p HD video recording, dedicated HTC ImageChip for fast focus speed and clearer, sharper shots