I have seen a few threads on talking about the wonderful things you can do with an Xbox that say: blah blah and I have an Xbox Live US Gold account.
So I did some poking around and there isn't an actual thread addresses this, there are a few that refer to it.
I have read elsewhere that to sign up for a US account you need a phone number, postal code and a US based email account, Hotmail was suggested. Also possibly a street address. These I have read can be gleaned from the US White Pages with no problem and are not verified.
With a US account you can 'see' a lot of the features available to US such as movies and such but you can't actually stream or access them because it tells you are not in the correct region. Unless you have the a VPN set up, but that is covered well in other places another thread.
My question are thus:
- Is the above correct?
- Do you need to have a VPN telling MS that you are in the US to sign up for a US account?
- Do you need a US credit card to sign up a US Gold account?
- Can you sign up for both an NZ and a US account?
- What happens to your account if you move house or change ISPs
- If I sign up for an NZ account will this mean I can't sign up for a US account latter.