v1.9 of the XNet Usage Monitor application came out yesterday and as a result, the format of the traffic numbers in the log file that the tool logs usage to has changed.
Since I pull these numbers out of the log file to use in a another 3rd party app (Samurize) I need to know how to make sense of them. To this end I have worked out what each column of figures represents and I thought I'd share it in case anyone else is interested.
The columns are as follows:
Date,Time,Local DL,Standard DL,Torrent DL,Accountable,Budget,Local UL,Standard UL,Torrent UL
Notes (some of which may appear obvious, but I have included them anyway for completeness):
- DL = Download, UL = Upload
- Accountable = the total chargeable usage
- Budget = the amount you can set in the Usage Monitor as a soft 'limit' which determines the thresholds used when the tool warns you about usage.
- Totals for each usage in each 'zone' is calculated by adding the download and upload figures together.
- The final 6 '0s' in the log file appear to be unused at present and represent the number of columns no longer in use as compared to v1.8.
I hope this saves someone some time :)