I've read and absorbed all that I can, attempted numerous times but cannot seem to get this to work. This issue could be DD-WRT, QNAP, Android or simply pebcak - so I hope I've selected the correct forum.
Want: To use VPN on Galaxy S3 (unrooted standard) to connect to home network.
At home: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/13/11) std (SVN revision 16785) on Buffalo WZR HP AG300H which is bridged to Draytek Vigor 120
NAS: Qnap TS-412 Turbo NAS (3.7.3 Build 20120801)
On the DD-WRT router I can confirm that:
1. PPTP is routed correctly - port 1723 TCP (configured via UPNP on QNAP).
2. VPN Passthrough is enabled.
On the QNAP NAS I can confirm that:
1. PPTP VPN Server is enabled.
2. Authentication: MS-CHAPV2
3. Encryption: AES 128
4. I have configured a vpn user and password.
On the Galaxy S3:
1. The login and password are correct.
2. Type: PPTP
3. PPP encryption (MPPE) is ticked.
4. On 2Degrees.
In the Syslog I have this entry when I attempt to connect
* masked DST IP address
* bob is the dd-wrt router not the qnap.
<4>1 2012-09-13T14:19:50+12:00 bob kernel - - - kernel: [ 533.440000] DROP IN=ppp0 OUT= MAC= SRC=184.108.40.206 DST=122.57.***.** LEN=60 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=53 ID=2173 DF PROTO=47
Which is interesting seeing as my IP address is 220.127.116.11 when I use Whatismyip in a browser on the mobile. What is the IP different?
Anyone able to point me in the right direction? What am I missing?