Hi there, hoping the experts on this forum can help.
I have a connectivity issue with wireless in that it drops off several times at day, randomly and unrelated to any other phone or computer activities in the place, and briefly - like seconds to a couple of minutes. This has gone on for many many months. Needless to say, being online all the time with work and trying to skype etc , it is a pain. There is a laptop, desktop, iPad and smartphone all on the same wireless connection and all drop off at the same time.
The steps taken to date:
1. Asked telecom who say they see no issues at all registering up to the jack point from external
2. Replaced every connection from the computer to the telephone jack with new ie phone cable, and electric cable etc
3. Replaced router four times ie first one had been in place for a long time with the issue, then replaced with a new brand and changed that one another two times as tech thought that was the issue
4. Changed the channel (from 1 to 13) on the router, with no change to the issue
5. A review of the errors log etc on router programme do not explain what the issue is to the technician
6. The computer tech has suggested I contact electronics diagnostics as he thinks it may be some sort of radio wave interference - contacted all the local outfits and no, they do not do that sort of thing.
So, I am stuck. Do I live with it or are you able to make a recommendation or two on how to resolve please?