I am having some problems getting a desktop pc (Dell Optiplex GXpro 200mhz 64megs) to correctly bootup with a BT3030.
I downloaded version 126.96.36.199 of the software from your site, as I was having the same problem with 188.8.131.52.
Here is the problem: (Long description, but I thought this might help)
1. After the Win98se splash screen, I end up going to a balck "Dos looking" type screen that says across the top line "Windows protection error. You must restart your computer"
2. Once I restart, I go into Smart Mode and so I can get going I go into system devices and remove the "Broadcom Blutonium Device Firmware Loader" as this seems to be the problem. I restart )via the warm boot and I can get into full Win98se, without the error. On a cold boot, I always get the error and have to go through this process.
3. One time when restarting, I went into the Step by Step confimation mode, just so I could see what the problem was. Everything was ok until I got to the line where it wants to load the
BTLOADER.VXD file. This is where I have the problem, it seems like something is wrong here. Can you please tell me how I can fix this, as I would really like to get the device working?
Just some notes:
1. I did the install exact as the instructions say in the quick installation guide. Only problem I seem to have is that when the program asks for the CD which came with the product, it seems to have a problem grabbing the "BCBTHUB.SYS" file. (This is on my 184.108.40.206 disk, I don't have a 220.127.116.11 disk).
2. When I look at the loader under system, I see that the .SYS file mentioned above is part of the driver details. Is it?
I really appreciate your help, as I am totally new to this and am clued out as to a remedy.