Main criteria are:
1) Must work with otterbox or similar type case fitted
2) Must be able to charge phone when inserted directly, without having to separately plug in the dock connector - so either has a built in dock adaptor to connect separate charger, or something similar. Basically it's got to be idiot proof, so once it's installed in the car, all the user has to do is stick the phone in the cradle, not plug in any extra bits.
3) Would be nice if it could rotate and hold phone horizontal - but certainly not a critical feature
4) Would be nice if capable of being used with FM transmitter for use with stereo with no aux inputs - again, not a deal breaker if it can't.
5) Not really fussed what the mounting system is (i.e. suction cup / screws etc.).
Don't really want a $250 all singing and dancing model, but want something better than $10 TradeMe junk.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!