Twoseven I guess you have explained the issue pretty well. Does anyone have a work around. As both outlook and iphone use time zones it doesnt seem right to try to try to fool one or the other to behave differently to overcome this problem. I am aslo surprised that it has not been addressed by Apple programmers. I have used many other phones for years and none of them had any trouble synching
I have sent a copy of this thread to the last person at Apple I've dealt with over this problem. They cant fob me off with the 'you're the only one' reply this time surely. Stay tuned, I'll report back when they respond.
Yes me too, Gfaye. My son is a geek and he hasn't been able to find a workaround. I have an ipad not a phone but the issue is the same. I will watch this with much interest too. My son has been working with Apple for a couple of years without any luck so far.
I wrote a little test app via Outlook Interop a while back to see if I was able to determine what might be occuring and to explore the possibility of a work-a-round to the issue. I wrote the app for Outlook 2010, but the results below are from using it with Outlook 2013. An all-day-event is just an AppointmentItem with the AllDayEvent flag set to true. AppointmentItems have a start and end date. When I create an all-day-event for 25th of January 2013, what I see in the debugger is:-
Item.End 1/26/2013 12:00:00 AM Item.EndUTC 1/25/2013 11:00:00 AM Item.Start 1/25/2013 12:00:00 AM Item.StartUTC 1/24/2013 11:00:00 AM Item.Subject "Test Event"
As one can see, the UTC start value is a day early.
This is why my feeling is that the translator software (ITunes) might be reading the wrong field in that it is reading Item.StartUTC rather than Item.Start.
As a further test, I set the timezone on my machine to UTC (this can be done in outlook), created a new calendar, added an all day event and sync'd the new calendar with my iPhone and the events came out correct on that calendar (this does not work as a solution to the problem as the whole machine is now 13 hours out - and I had to change the setting back to the correct timezone after the test.).