I've been a Slingshot customer for over three years and moved house over the weekend. I called Slingshot ahead of time to schedule my phone and ADSL to come with me. The transfer was scheduled for Friday 24th, the guy that I spoke to assured me that this would be plenty of time and no problem.
I got a call from a guy from Chorus on the Friday morning around 9am - he was connecting the phone line and just wanted to check whether the house was wired already. I got a text message shortly after 1pm letting me know that my phone line was connected and that I had a new phone number. I was under the impression that my phone number wasn't going to change. By the time we got unpacked at about 6pm we tested the phone and it was working, but no ADSL. I called the Slingshot service centre shortly after, and got through to somebody within a minute.
The call went something like this:
Me: "Hi, I moved house today and had the phone and ADSL scheduled to come with me today. The phone is connected but I'm not getting any ADSL connectivity. Just wondering what's going on."
Her: "Can I get your address please" (I think she asked for something else too but not for my account)
Me: "[Address details]"
Her: "Please hold for a minute"
Somewhere between ten and fifteen minutes pass only to be told:
Her: "It can take a few days between your phone and ADSL to be connected"
Me: "Do you know which day it will be connected? Saturday?
Her: "As I said, it can take a few days between your phone and ADSL to be connected"
She wouldn't give me any other details so that was it.
I'm a bit confused exactly what she was doing for over ten minutes if that's all she could tell me. Her attitude and dismissive phone manner also left something to be desired. I run my business from home so ADSL connectivity is fairly important.
Less than an hour later (7:50pm) got a text message saying ADSL will be connected on Monday the 27th, then at 9:13pm I got an email saying that it'll be connected on the Tuesday 28th.
Not very happy about this poor service, Slingshot.
- Moving house, scheduled phone and ADSL to be moved on 24th of January
- Phone line was connected around mid day on the 24th, but ADSL doesn't seem to be working
- Phone number has changed, I was under the impression that it was staying the same.
- Called service centre in the evening of 24th to find out if ADSL was actually connected wondering if I'd done something wrong with my configuration
- Girl at call centre put me on hold long enough for a tea break
- Came back after over 10 minutes to tell me that it can take a few days between phone and ADSL connection. Couldn't (or wouldn't) give me any other details.
- Got email saying ADSL is now scheduled to be connected on 28th of January
- Run business from home and use ADSL connection for this. Not very happy customer.