I love it when instructions actually work. That'll give the old girl a few more years of recording. With the new Hdd i noticed that changing channels etc is now a lot quicker.
(from a previous post)
MTV3600TD Firmware 3.19 beta 5
Firmware Date: 2013-10-24
- Rescue format to support Advanced Format HDD (4k sector with 512 byte emulation)
- Non-proven experimental changes to deal with the issue of MediaWorks channel causing reboot in Sept - Nov 2012
- Recognize uppercase file extensions in camcorder movie function
This firmware is released as a rescue tool ONLY to better cope with formatting Advanced Format HDD (4k sector with 512 byte emulation), i.e. most HDD on the market now.
Users running firmware 3.18 without stability problems on MTV3600TD do NOT need to upgrade to this firmware. Using the rescue tool part of this firmware to format the HDD does not change the firmware installed on the Magic TV (unless you press OK button at the wrong time).
Those who already formatted any Advanced Format HDD using any previous firmware should not format the drive again, unless you want to lose all your recorded programmes.
MTV3600TD Procedure to format the system HDD (up to 2TB)
(This prcoedure will erase any existing data, recorded programmes, and the recording to-do list, if any, on the HDD)
- Unzip all the contents of the rescue firmware zip to the root directory of a FAT32-formatted USB flash drive
- Plug the USB flash drive into the Magic TV.
- Stand really close to the Magic TV.
- Upon turning on the rear power switch, repeatedly press the pause button on the remote at a rate of 3 times per second or faster, until it shows RESCUE on the front panel. If it proceeds to boot up usually, power it off using the rear power switch then try again.
- After RESCUE is shown, wait for up to 1 minute. It should show FOUND FIRMWARE on the front panel.
- Press 15900 on the remote
- The front panel should show FORMAT HD?
- Press OK on the remote
- The front panel shoulld show FORMATTING
- Wait for the format to complete, it should show FORMAT DONE for a very short time, then become FOUND FIRMWARE again
- Power cycle the Magic TV using the rear power switch and remove the USB flash drive
Note: MTV3700TD does not use the above procedure. It has a format system HDD function (experimental support up to 4TB) in the settings menu, so there is no need to go through rescue (which does not require a USB flash drive to be plugged in). For MTV3700TD, it is better for the HDD to be partitioned or formatted in PC first before being formatted by Magic TV.