I have an HTPC in the lounge which I want to continue using of course but I also want to integrate Netflix, Vudu, BBC iplayer, etc, etc too. On top of that I will also have DVB-T Freeview plus all of my stored media on the HTPC.
I would like to keep using WMC if possible as it has maximum WAF and it is a nice interface despite its limitations.
Freeview and stored media are sorted already in that case, but what will be the best way to integrate Netflix, Hulu, iplayer and such?
I am coming up with a list of options that so far includes the following:
1) Forget about streaming TV on WMC and get a Roku 3 and use this for streaming TV. Create an activity on my Harmony to watch streaming TV in order to retain WAF and the ability to use remote to navigate
2) Run setup of WMC again so it thinks I am in US and get the default Netflix plugin activated. (What about the other services? And will I still be able to get NZ DVB-T if I do this?)
3) Add shortcuts to the websites for each service to the TV strip of WMC using WMC Studio or similar. (This should work but I won't be able to use remote on the websites right?)
4) Use XBMC (or another front end) as I believe this has better plugins for the streaming services? (Will it cover all the main services? And can one watch DVB-T using XBMC or would I have to use another program for that?)
5) Use some other magical setup I haven't thought/heard of that combines all of the above???
Is anyone out there running a one stop shop for streaming, freeview and stored media (with high WAF, ability to use remote, etc)??