Satch:Still ironing out some bugs with DVBSBridge... Had it working perfectly, but then I tried to "fix" it... :)
Let me start up my broken record again. When you say you had it working perfectly, are you saying that you never ever lost the Sky feed via DVSBridge?
Although my set up is a little more stable now that I've done a complete rebuild and installed the new versions of the software, I'm still having to occasionally stop and restart the DVBSBridge service when I lose the signal.
When yours was working "perfectly" did you ever need to do a stop and restart? If so, how often? Are there any special settings you made during setup? I'm struggling to find out why my setup is still not as stable as yours...
I've only just started playing with Sky HD and 7, so still working out the stability issues... It made me realise what you might have been talking about :)
Under 7, I'm currently using DVBSBridge PRO 1.02. with DVBViewer 4 - under Vista I used DVBSbridge STANDARD 1.00, with the modifed dll which allowed h.264 to work. Under Vista I could run for 3-7 days without losing the signal at all, which was as long as my Media Center ever makes it without a reboot or power down.
DVBSBridge Pro hasn't been very stable, especially prior to 1.02.
The "No TV Signal" errors are due to DVBViewer locking while changing channels. I only figured this out last nite. DVBSBridge Pro runs some good error logging, which lets you know whats getting dropped. I've nearly narrowed this down to a working confing under 7, I'll pm you with the results - its a combination of the turning stuff off in the tuning config and using default decoders.
There is the other error under the TV Pack which MCE leaves the no signal page ie the one after the SCRAMBLED service page, up even though the signal has pasaed correctly - that one is unique to the TV Pack, doesn't happen under 7.
I believe the same should apply under Vista...