Short version - I applied for pay monthly in DSE. I was told my pay monthly application was cancelled. So they took sim back. But the sim actually was activated after i returned it. Happily sold that sim to someone else. Now I'm getting the bill!!! WT???
Long version -
1) Went on holiday n visited a DSE shop.
2) Signed up for 2d pay monthly. Told them I already had a number.
3) Signed up and I put my sim in. No funds, on prepay.
4) Asked the guy why not working. He called "head office". Tells me contract is cancelled, coz I can't have two numbers in my name and if i wanted to apply for business instead. Told him I'm not a business.
5) He took the sim back.
Fast forward 1 week ...
6) Got a bill in my email. The account has an 027 number (someone ported their number onto my SIM!)
7) Rang 2d and they say the pay monthly definitely active.
8) Checked all my details and everything correct except my surname = DONOUR (ie someone read my driver licence and instead of reading my last name they read the bit that said i was an organ DONOUR and my surname on my account is DONOUR. great) [makes me wonder how telecom allowed the number port to go ahead aye]
9) Asked account to be suspended.
10) I really want the 2d account but now someone else is screwed!
This is what i thnk happened.
- I signed up and card wasn't activated yet
- The guy rang 2d head office and someone told him fibs or failed to stop the contract
- SIM was returned and somehow the account got activated as i left the store
- man happily sells the sim to someone who cannot believe how many free minutes he had wihtout paying a cent
- the sim was crosswired
2D you better sort this OUT! and my last name is not donour!!!