Novice smartphone users wanting a high performance yet affordable handset are in Vodafone’s sights with its new Smart II phone out today.With features including a 3.2” touch screen and 3.2 megapixel camera, an intuitive set-up and quick-start guide for a simple out of box experience, Vodafone’s Smart II is aimed at the 56 per cent of New Zealanders who are yet to own a smartphone.
Todd Hardie, Vodafone General Manager of Terminals, says the Smart II is an affordable option: “We believe the Smart II represents a tipping point in the evolution of the market, bringing a new wave of consumers to the smartphone world for the first time.
“The Smart II delivers a level of performance, functionality and quality that is typically the preserve of high-end smartphones – but at an exceptionally affordable price. Quite simply, we think it’s the best entry-level smartphone in the market.”
The preloaded widgets and apps on the Smart II guide consumers into a world of content and services that will save them time, money and help them manage their daily lives, including:
The Vodafone Smart II offers a high-end mobile internet experience in a stylish and sophisticated design. Top features include:
- High-speed mobile internet browsing, including voice-activated Google Search
- News, entertainment and travel apps for information on the move
- Emails, contacts and calendars
- Social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter
- Dedicated Vodafone apps – like MyAccount – that make it simple to track monthly spend
It’s also highly customisable, with interchangeable back plates and rims in multiple colours to add a splash of colour.
- 3.2”capacitive touch screen
- 3.2 megapixel autofocus camera with LED flash
- Bundled with 2GB micro SD card for extra memory
- Latest Assisted GPS (AGPS) technology for rapid and accurate mapping and navigation functions
- Android OS (Gingerbread)
The Smart II is available exclusively from Vodafone, priced at $179. Customers who purchase the Smart II will also enjoy the benefits of Data Angel, a service exclusive to Vodafone which enables smartphone users to control their data allowance.
The Smart II is running Android 2.3 Gingerbread.