Copy of an email I sent to Hawkes Bay Today, and CC'd to Trademe.
I was polite and direct on the first call, terse and direct in my email, if there is a third time, I will have to come up with a third attitude to go with my unwavering directness.
To make this really easy, here are my points in list format:
- You phoned me at 10.41am today 14/7/2009 to try and sell me advertising for a vehicle I ALREADY have advertised on Trademe.
- I was courteous and polite, and I informed you that I was not interested in paying Hawkes Bay today for further advertising for any of my listings.
- At 2.05pm today 14/7/2009 you called me again and left a voicemail, again asking me to pay Hawkes Bay today for a listing.
- My vehicles are ONLY advertised on Trademe, so that is the ONLY place you could possibly have got my number.
- I wonder if Trademe are happy with their website being used as a source of customer data and revenue gathering for Hawkes Bay Today?
- PLEASE STOP CALLING ME. YOUR CALLS ARE UNWELCOME.
027******* << do not call this number on behalf of Hawkes Bay today without prior permission ever again please.
More guides, blogs, and geek stuff at http://www.geek101.co.nz/
Other related posts:
Flatmates busting your ADSL cap? Remedy...
Smart Connect - a free alternative to Psiloc Connect for S60 Nokia Smartphones (E71 etc)
Telecom New Zealand release XT Network Pricing Plans
Comment by richms, on 14-Jul-2009 14:42
Wonder how trademe feel about their owners competition telespamming their customers in direct violation of the trademe terms and conditions.
I hope that APN get shotdown for this big time.
Comment by Aaroona, on 17-Jul-2009 15:41
Well, you couldn't be more direct or honest, without making it sound rude to be honest with you.
I hope they resolve your issue without any fuss.
Definitely does sound extremly fishy though.
Comment by pujafrezel, on 20-Jul-2009 06:49
nice article i always choose newspaper for news between newspaper and web because in my opinion newspapers is better then web for news and i must tell you that you have done a great job. a article like this always appreciated by me thanks for such a nice post ----------- roxyrohit ------------ real estate--real estate
Comment by xpd, on 22-Jul-2009 15:44
Did HBT get back to you at all ?
Or theyve moved onto the next person in their Trademe list ? :)
Add a comment
Please note: comments that are inappropriate or promotional in nature will be deleted.
E-mail addresses are not displayed, but you must enter a valid e-mail address to confirm your comments.
Are you a registered Geekzone user? Login to have the fields below automatically filled in for you and to enable links in comments. If you have (or qualify to have) a Geekzone Blog then your comment will be automatically confirmed and shown in this blog post.