Press release received during the HP Discover 2011:
HP Enterprise Services today announced enhancements to the company's hybrid delivery cloud solutions, offering telecom companies the agility they need to quickly enter the small and medium-size business (SMB) market with revenue-generating on-demand communications services.
HP Cloud Services Enablement for Communications as a Service (HP CSE for CaaS) enables communications service providers (CSPs) to help their SMB customers take advantage of utility pricing and the flexibility of the on-demand services model. HP CSE for CaaS is part of the broader HP CSE for CSP portfolio, which also includes solutions for Infrastructure as a Service and Device Management as a Service.
HP CSE for CaaS enables wireless, wireline and broadband companies to offer SMBs a ?one-stop shop? for IT and communications services such as messaging, collaboration and automated voice services.
By leveraging cloud services and paying only for what they use, CSPs can offer their SMB clients the ability to:
- Improve productivity and create a competitive advantage with access to state-of-the-art communications services.
- Maximise their IT budgets with predictable costs and minimal capital investment.
- Mitigate risks of deploying new technology, enabling SMBs to focus less on IT systems and more on core business objectives.
For CSPs, HP CSE for CaaS enables CSPs to transform their traditional business models and build new sources of revenue with on-demand communications services that SMBs can consume from customised bundles that suit their specific business needs.
?CSPs can drive revenue from the growing cloud-based services market with these new HP solutions,? said Carlos Quaderi, Director and General Manager, Communications and Media Solutions, HP Enterprise Services South Pacific.
?HP CaaS, along with HP's ability to bridge IT and telecom requirements, enables CSPs to get to market quickly with ?pay as you go,' on-demand services that SMBs need.
HP cloud solution offers rapid time to revenue and flexibility HP CSE for CaaS enables CSPs to quickly launch a cloud service business. The platform accommodates a wide variety of on-demand services from CSPs and third parties, and accelerates time-to-market with three pre-integrated service families for SMBs:
- Messaging: Based on Microsoft? Exchange 2010, these services include full-featured email, calendar, contact management, integrated voice mail and email archiving.
- Collaboration: To drive cooperation among remote teams, HP has included Microsoft SharePoint 2010 for improved productivity and business process management; HP Virtual Room for full-featured web conferencing; and HP Audio Conference, a reservation-less solution that can be combined with HP Virtual Room.
- Business Voice: Enabling SMBs to handle incoming calls in an automated, professional manner, HP has pre-integrated systems based on the HP Network Interactive Voice Response, including Auto Attendant, Virtual Office Receptionist, Automatic Call Distribution and Call Recorder.
The core of HP CSE for CaaS is the HP Aggregation Platform for Software as a Service (HP AP4SaaS). It enables CSPs to integrate and cohesively present a wide variety of SaaS services via a new marketplace portal.
The platform automates key processes such as provisioning, activation, mediation, charging, revenue settlement and service assurance. With HP AP4SaaS, CSPs can create cost effective
cloud services bundles that simplify procurement and usage for SMB customers.
The HP AP4SaaS is the foundation for other offerings in the HP Cloud Service Enablement portfolio such as HP CSE for Device Management as a Service and HP CSE for Infrastructure as a Service, which is built on HP CloudSystem Service Provider.
More information is available at www.hp.com/go/CSE4CSP.
Other related posts:
HP Announces HP TouchPad Availability for United States, Europe and Canada
Enhanced HP CloudSystem Delivers Industry-first Dual Bursting Capability
HP Delivers Cloud-based Security Services