Talkiet: HI guys - Sorry I haven't had a chance to respond to this specific issue yet... A few questions before I look at escalating internally... Apologies if these have been answered or implied in answers so far...
- What plan are you on? (Note this shouldn't make a difference because we don't do any traffic shaping on any plans - but if you are on a metered plan then I am going to ask about your up and download usage to see if it's higher than expected)
- Do you use adblockers on all your machines? Can you try using an alternate default browser (I imagine you don't use IE, so could you try using that with no plugins enabled)
- Have you detected any IP level dropouts? I see you picked up on pinging 220.127.116.11 (one of our Auckland based Google caches). Have you ever detected connectivity issues to that?
- You mention that this can occur at any time of day - have you noticed that it's more frequent or more severe at peak times? This is a really important issue as the answer directs us down very different troubleshooting paths
- Do you have a static IP address?
- Do you host any services on your home connection (webserver, FTP, game servers, RDP, etc)?
- When did the issue first become apparent? Was it sudden onset or did it seem to get worse over days or weeks?
- From your VDSL connect speeds, clearly you have a decent line - but have you noticed any disconnects? What is a typical DSL uptime?
Cheers - N
Much the same symptoms except I'm also getting intermittent issues with local traffic (eg geekzone.co.nz failing sometimes).
dmcr: ..and , as of this evening, same issues have returned for me