Hi there. Sorry if this has been covered somewhere else but I am just wondering if someone might have an idea on what to do here. I have just purchased a WAG310G and have set it up on the internet but at a random time during the day it seems to disconnect from the internet and I have to reboot it to get the connection back again. I have selected keep alive in the settings and as someone advised me to try and put a surge protector in just in case it was a power surge that could have caused it. I have been using a AG310 and have had no trouble with that dropping the internet connection but have had it with this new WAG310. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Ok folks an update of what has happened. I am still having the problem of the WAG310G dropping the internet connection but in the last week I have made some observations. These are
1 When the connection does drop I cannot log into the device unless I power off and then power back on
2 I dont know if this is just a coincidence or not but I restarted the device at a quarter past six on Thursday night the connection dropped at a quarter past six this morning bang on 36 hours after restarting the device.
3 When I do reboot the device I go to the status tab and find that the date and the time have been reset Saturday 1 January 2000 12:00am.
So some strange happenings. Hopefully there may be a fix somewhere. I did install the firmware that Phil sent me and that actually kept the connection going a bit longer as it was disconnecting virtually everyday but now it seems to be every one and a half days.
I too have experience random disconnects on my WAG310G. This usually happens every couple of days. I bought my WAG310G sometime in May, and it is running firmware 1.00.03(090224-1917)-AU. I never experience any lockups / disconnect issues with my old WAG200G.
Does anyone has any ideas what could be causing this?
Well folks I am not going to break out the champaign quite yet but it appears my problem could be resolved as I have not had a connection drop since early Monday morning so it will be 3 days this morning that the connection has stayed on. What I did is went on the process of elimination. I rung Linksys and they first asked if I had any cordless phones next to the unit which I did have and I removed it. It made no difference. The next thing I did was I removed the Linksys SPA 922 voip phone which was supplied as part of my naked dsl plan from my ISP and that was when the problem stopped. It seems strange that 2 Linksys devices will conflict with each other but that is what appears to have happened. It will probably be some setting in the WAG310 somewhere as I didnt have any problems with the SPA 922 when I was using the AG310. Thanks once again to Phil for the firmware upgrade. I think that helped as well and may well help others having the same problem.
Hi again folks just reporting back on this issue. Unfortunately the problem has still existed over the last few weeks but I am trying something else now which may or may not be the answer and if it is, the fix is very simple and I will share it with you all. So I will post this just to keep this thread going a bit longer and if by next weekend I havent had anymore problems I will let you all know
Yeah I am still seeing problem with my WAG310G. The modem stops and connection will drop when running multiple streams of traffic, especially torrents. I have updated to the latest firmware provided by Maverick but it still does not work. Would be great to hear if anyone has any solutions to this issue.
Hi again folks I see that there is some of you that are having the same or similar problems as myself. I wrote yesterday that I may or may not have found a solution to my problem with the WAG310G and that I would look at it and report back on the weekend. However something has come up in the simple fix which is good that I decided that I could probably tell you all now what I have done to solve this annoying problem. One thing I didnt quote in my earlier post was that each time I restarted the modem after it packed a sad I would get full download and upload sync speeds with the exchange 6900 - 7100kbps down and 832kbps up as I am still on ADSL1 here. Over the 2 to 3 days those speeds would gradually drop down to somewhere like 4500kbps down and 520kbps up something like that anyway. Well since Saturday (as I restarted the WAG310G on Friday) after doing the change the download and upload sync rates have stayed constant at 6464kbps down and 736kbps up right up until now as I write. So here is what I did. I cant guarantee it is the right answer to this problem for everyone but it sure is looking good at my place. What seems to be happening is the default NTP time servers are what is causing havoc with our WAG310Gs so what you do is log into your WAG and under the setup tab click on Local Network then click on advance view and scroll down to time settings. There you will notice NTP server 1 and NTP server 2. What I did was deleted the 2 default time servers in these boxes and I put a New Zealand time server in NTP server 1 box this is the server address nz.pool.ntp.org Click on save settings and left it at that. So far as I said I have not had to restart the router since Friday and my down and upload sync speeds have remained constant. So I hope this helps solve this annoying problem for the rest of you as well as it is certainly looking promising for me. Incidentally too I have put my SPA922 which I thought was at fault back on the system too. Regards