My questions are very rudimentary I am sure, so if there is an FAQ that address any of all of them, feel free to direct me.
We have a PC running Windows media Center. It’s a dual Core Processor machine with a 3.2 GHZ CPU and 2 GB of RAM. Currently we have a Hauppauge TVR PCI Tuner card, which is analogue. We drive it through the Windows Media Center software and have put an EPG together with the help of Bladerunner and XMLTVNZ.
I’d now like to upgrade us to receive Digital Terrestrial TV, and have some fundamental questions.
1. What would be the best equivalent to the PCI card we have now, IE integrating with Media Center, and including FM radio capability?
2. Is Windows media Center's programme guide supported natively by Freeview, and if not, are there means by which I can integrate the EPG from Freeview into Windows Media Center?
3. How does one tune to Freeview stations. Do they all operate on a single frequency and simply present themselves in a menu in some kind of list?
4. Does anyone know of a company/individual in the Christchurch area who I could pay to just get all this set up and configured?
5. And finally, do we share the same standard for DTV with any other countries, IE if I looked for hardware selling in the UK, would that be compatible?
Thanks in advance to anyone who can get me started. I’m reasonably tech savvy but am not at all in this loop and find myself a bit baffled by the acronyms and unfamiliar terminology.