Man the box is a very impressive box, both in user interface, upscaling and also the PVR. I'm really happy with it. PVR worked great into a generic external drive at FAT32 first time.
I've managed to configure and be receiving Freeview and the SBS stations, on a sky dish close to KatiKati. And I wanted to pursue maybe adding the Aurora channels if theres benefit.
Also I just need some pointers in the configuration direction for Aurora and Sky - CAM, Smartcard and IREDETO etc.
1) What do I need to do to support Aurora other than procure the card?
2) Is this card a IREDETO card itself or just a Smartcard that I plug into the smartcard slot but addtionally I need to purchase an IREDETO card? I understand IREDETO is performing the de-encryption function? (tried to do a bit of self research).
3) Is Aurora worth the effort I understand 5 ABC channels + a couple of SBS channels that I'm probably already seeing anyway?
The SBS I'm seeing is SBS 1/2/3/4/HD 13198 V 12599. Is that C1 as I'm not currently at the location and my notes didnt indicate that detail when I took them.
The box supports sky cards number starting 0000 is my research. I've been told to install a plugin to support Skycards on the 980HD.
1) Does anyone have a quick step by step afterwards of what to configure? Settigns to turn on etc. MCAS??
2) Will Aurora, Sky and the current configuration all happily co-exist on my box?
3) Sorry lame question but I dont have sky at the moment so I have no idea, is the Sky card a smart card that just slots into the smartcard slot not inbuilt IREDETO? Do I need an IREDETO card as well to give the 980 the decryption function?
Thanks a lot for some pointers.