There has already been some discussion of this on here.
If you believe you have been unjustly charged for speaking to a CSR, then please post the following details or PM me:
1. The nature of the issue, e.g. a fault with the BestMates system.
2. The response you received from the CSR.
3. Any follow-up actions promised by the CSR.
4. Whether or not you asked for a refund of the $1 charge.
5. Whether or not the promised follow-up actions were followed through with by Vodafone.
6. The number of additional $1 CSR calls, if any, to try to get the issue resolved.
You might like to add information about your attempts to sort out the problem yourself using Vodafone's self service facilities and help pages.