Hoping to get this in front of Jason Paris. @jasonparis
This is not a beat up, Our business acc has been with Vodafone for approx 15years, and apart from these issues lately I have no complaints.
There have been several threads on Alexandra local FB pages about frequent loss of connectivity,
Phones receiving not signal and displaying a no carrier message, Txt messages not being delivered till phones are restarted.
This happens at random and can require restarting phones several times a day
I noticed this with our business phones approx 8 weeks ago,
and there are about a dozen complaints on a recent message for people and business within Alexandra and surrounding areas being affected by the same issues
Quotes from different FB contributors.
1. We have 3 different android phones and have same issues poor to no service have learnt to go to airplane mode then back so don't have to restart phone . Have emailed and rung vodafone and they tell me that there is no issues with the network in alex . It is worse in buildings . But have 4g and full service in Naseby while working there but little to no service in Ranfurly. Think will have to take everything to Spark .
2. Similar issues with our business cells says no service turn them off an restart an they reconnect to the network missing a lot if calls vodafone fired a heap if their nz tech staff and outsourced to india recently
3. I'm sick of it too! Have changed to Spark this week.Was only getting emergency calling only at 1 stage
4. My phone has it seems to have no service then i reboot it and it comes back its very frustrating as i miss business calls that are important to me
5. I’ve been on Vodafone 20 years and always used to say the coverage was awesome never had a problem but the last 6 months + the coverage around Alex has been terrible. More often than not on 3G and not 4 and the signal is weak especially on the outskirts of town. It’s been driving me nuts.
6. Yay, not just me
7. Have been having issues with this for about 8 weeks. Intermittently looses service and have to restart phone to get it going again. We contacted Vodafone two days ago and their response was: we’ve checked our outages in Alex and there don’t appear to have been any.
8. I have this almost every day and sometimes more than once (no network) very frustrating
9. have been both having those issues too, it’s a message like “please contact your carrier”.
10. Is anyone else getting zero cell phone coverage from Vodafone in Alexandra this morning?
Can Vodafone get a Network engineer or equivalent to investigate these issues, advise if there is a problem and a likely timeframe to resolve? .
Its obvious in the thread locals have not had a positive experience logging faults regarding these issues.