In order to avoid double billing I requested a change over of the 14th of June, and this request was confirmed on an email from Snap - all is in order so far.
Chorus was scheduled to change the connection over (from CallPlus to Chorus) on the 17th, but due to a Snap/Chorus screw up, this did not go ahead. The wrong type of connection change was requested and/or entered into the Chorus system, and when the technician came onsite he was unable to contact the building occupants (no txt/call/voicemail to be found).
Next, they rescheduled the connection to the 26th - if I choose to delay this to the 17th once again to better line up with my current billing cycle then we could be pushed out another month due to issues with ISP/Chorus communication.
After a number of phone calls I was able to determine that the wrong type of connection was scheduled to be made - and that this should not have happened.
I regretfully accepted the offer of having the technician change our connection over on the 20th or 21st of June (I think - sorry for not documenting this closer), which once again Chorus had botched, leaving us with an incomplete connection (at this time we had phone, but no ADSL line configured). It was stated by the Snap support that they would look into correcting this billing issue after we had a completed connection - as we are into the new billing cycle by a day or few, the old ISP has billed us a full month of service $78.20. so after a number of phone calls and a few days without service they remedied this and 'completed' the connection. Then Chorus get involved, because Snap hasn't been able to figure out why our modem will not recognise the ADSL line - in comes another $125.88.
On the 25th of June our ADSL went online, and our services started at Snap - now we can start resolving the issues with our account and talk about remedies right?
After a few more phone calls to Snap, no action has been made so I email them and call them on the 4th July (really sick of calling them and being on hold waiting for service by now, so happy to put these calls off as long as possible).
4th July - "One of our agents will get back to you as soon as possible"
I think I then called them, as I am well aware that emails to support (in general) don't work without a follow-up phone call...
6th July - You have declined our offer of $50 credit, "and this offer has been refereed back to our Tier 2 team to be reviewed... I would expect you should hear back from us mid - late next week with an outcome."
So I wait to hear back...
24th July - We don't want to talk to you today, we believe our offer is more than reasonable and if we offer you any more we will not make any profit.
So, I had the duty manager agree to call me tomorrow morning - at first I simply got a flat out "No, we have made our offer" but after all this time, I would expect 2 minutes to talk with this person. She was standing right next to the support person, but any questions had to go through a proxy - she really did not want to talk to me.
TL;DR - Snap/Chorus make mistakes on transferring a connection, customer has paid $52 transfer fee + $78.20 for old ISP due to delays on the connection + $125.88 for Chorus to find no fault. Snap offers $50 credit, adding insult to injury and refuses to talk to customer after customer waits patiently to hear back on this matter.
My advise - stick with your current ISP :)