After using the Sky Pod for a few days, I have a few suggestions for significant improvement that sky could make:
- Add TV One, Two and Duke to the Guide as we are paying for Sky Starter which is supposed to include all the Freeview channels.
- Were the program being played can be rewound to the start have a Long Press on the Play/Pause button take you to the start.
- In the Guide have rewind button take you back 24 hours, and the fast forward button take you forward 24 hours.
- When the power off button is pressed, and HDM CEC is on in settings, have it turn off all home theatre/sound bars attached to the TV i.e. I have a Sony Bravia TV, with a Home Theatre System attached to the TV on HDMI port 1 (the ARC port) which is currently not turned off when the Sky Pod Power off button on the Sky Pod Remote is used.
- Have the TV AV Input button on the remote be programmable to control the TV HDMI Input for the appropriate brand and model of the TV present using infrared. A programming capability like that on the Vodafone TV remote would be ideal.
- Have the fast forward and rewind buttons in Sky viewing show small preview windows so that it is easier to fast forward or rewind to the point you want, like Vodafone TV does.
- Have a setting to suppress channels that you are not subscribed to from the Guide and have the up and down channel button and navigate up/down skip over channels not subscribed to. This would make the system far easier to use and more user friendly.
That's a very good list of improvements.
If it worked in the way you've suggested and the user interface operated at a reasonable speed without so much lag, I'd have no hesitation in keeping my Sky subscription.