Now covered is the current firmware, how to download and where from, recommended apps, and a list of bugs and ommisions.
If anyone has any good apps to recommended or any other usefull info, please post it and I will add to the first post.
NZtechfreak: Its in early stages, but the PS3 remote is likely to prove useful to many...
euanandrews: I think I migth format and start again.....watch battery in default setup.....install 1 app at a time and watch battery...
c71931f: Just looked in expired listings for N900's...and the same seller mentioned on here before is still getting away with dropshipping http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/SearchResults.aspx?from=advanced&advanced=true&searchstring=n900¤t=0&mcat=all&sort_order=default&searchregion=100
kitretter: I'm hoping the battery problems will be fixed with a firmware update. 24hours is fine with me. 3 hours isn't.
NZtechfreak: In terms of why I sold mine - basically I just prefer my HD2.
- HD2 has a better screen
- Better touch technology
- I prefer browsing on the HD2 despite the fact that the N900 has a better browser (the different touch technology and size make it more enjoyable, and Opera Mobile has double tap to zoom+reflow, which for me is a mandatory element for the best mobile browsing, also flash is only really relevant to me for youTube, and I actually prefer a standalone app for that - HD2 happens to have a youTube app widely regarded as best in class)
- It has better battery life
- Divx/xvid work just fine (whereas I found that playback was problematic on quite a few in the N900, I'm sure it'll be sorted though)
- Run.gps is a vastly superior program to eCoach (they both work with my heart rate monitor)
- Medical software is abundant for WinMo
- Contacts/email/backup management is superior
- Telephony aspects are superior
- While the N900 multitasks brilliantly it has one flaw - when multitasking the music player skips and stutters sometimes, for me having the music player running in the background when cycling/browsing is extremely important, so this was a problem
I'll definitely miss having 48GB of storage though, I could finally fit my whole music collection on my phone in the N900...