Just had ours fixed. The uncovered pins in the connectors were covered up with a plastic bag and sealed with insulation tape. There was no moisture anywhere near the connectors, as the washing machine has plenty of ventilation (in garage). Repairer said with the modern house (rcd fuse box) and ventilation we would never have the problem of going on fire anyway. Apparently the ones going on fire were in old houses or appartments in badly ventilated areas
Thanks, that was exactly what I suspected. People need to vent their dryers and use RCDs. And a proper over current trip switch in the switchboard, not fuse and not power multi board thermal trip switch. Don't think it is a design fault, they probably did not expect people to have their appliances in a "tin shed" garage at excessive humidity. This issue can happen with any brand, not only Samsung. Their products are already tested to various safety standards which are different for a number of countries (i.e. the customer gets the benefit of them all combined).