eracode:billgates: Our agent has advised us strongly against putting in an offer and wait for auction day as we will be showing our hand otherwise. Our agent is of same franchise as listing agent so not sure if that may have anything to do with the suggestion. They might want more interest drummed up as only 1st show home done yesterday so possibly for them not much competition.
When you say “our agent”, do you mean the agent you’re dealing with - but who is actually the vendor’s agent - the agent who is trying to get the best deal for the vendor and himself/herself, and who probably doesn’t actually give a R’s A about you?
Of course they “want more interest drummed up” which is exactly why they don’t want you to to put in an early offer - and is exactly why you should.
This is getting ridiculous - I fear you have no idea what you’re doing and this is why you should get your solicitor involved ASAP (or someone else who can properly advise you) . IANAL.
Sorry to be blunt.
I am not sure what’s so hard to understand here...
Our agent that we found and engaged with who has been showing us properties since last week coincidentally has now turned out to be part of same franchise as the listing agent for the property. I had to explain how and why I will add the expiry on the duration of the offer few posts ago as well that seemed hard to gasp how can that be done?
I know what the agents want for the benefit of the vendor. I am doing everything I can for settlement/pre auction conditions to favour me whether they want to accept them or not is up to them. My agent said minimum of $1,050000 for pre offer. I am going $40k less than that. If they refuse, great. I will go to auction and bid there hopefully winning for less.