Countdown, The Valley, New Plymouth...
Called in there on the way home from work on Monday evening...
- No queue outside - good start.
- Plenty of stock on the shelves - even better.
- Shoppers being very polite and courteous to each other - you little ripper, best shop under lock down so far.
Sadly it went tits up big time at the checkout though when it was time to pay...
- I (honestly) did not know you weren't allowed to bring in reusable bags anymore.
- I was abused by the checkout operator.
- Told to throw my bags on the ground in front of my trolley (which I laughed at).
- Screamed at for not reading the signs outside the store (there were none!).
- Accused of ignoring the security guard's verbal message (there was none!).
- Told I should have seen the news or the FB post (recall that I'd been working since 5:00 a.m. that day, and I don't even have a FB account!).
After paying for the stuff I needed I just told her that she's doing a good job and I know it must be stressful for everyone, smiled and walked out.