Just tidying up some costs in my spreadsheet before I commit to anything;
Can anyone tell me what sort of cables you'd say are essential for running a 40kwh Leaf?
Can anyone with a 40kwh model tell me what sort of filters (Cabin etc) they've replaced and how often?
In term's of essential, I would only say some kind of home charging setup, fast enough to replenish your typical daily use overnight is essential. (currently I am using a 8A cord). Everything else is a luxury.
The NZ fast charge Network (with tethered cables) is now at a point where, you could make do solely relying on it for anything other than your home charging.
Ultimate setup for me would be:
- Fixed EVSE at home (ideally 32A, but at least matching the charger in your car).
- 8A "granny" cable to charge from a domestic wall socket. (Allow you to charge your car if you take it away on holiday your accommodation is fine with you running a cord out a window).
- Type 2 to Type ? for BYO cable public chargers. (allow you to use)
Not meant to use one, but an adapter to plug into plug your car into the opposite type of socket's at fixed cord public EVSE's would come in handy sometimes.
Historically camp grounds served as defacto EV charging stations with the 16A blue plug. So a cable to suit that was desirable, but unless you are planning on spending a lot of time at campgrounds I think those days have passed.
In terms of cabin filters, all the leaf's use the same one, and it is cheap.
Other things you could consider budgeting for:
- If you car isn't in english, I think paying for the English conversion (both dash and entertainment) is well worth it.
- I brought one of the factory cord bags to to keep in my boot to keep the public charge cable tidy.
- I brought a parcel shelf / privacy screen to go into the boot of my leaf as it didn't come with one. I prefer that people can't see into my boot.