NZ's electric vehicle fleet, as of August 31st, now stands at 4,541 Battery electric or Pluggable hybrid EVs.
This is a record monthly increase of 331 over the previous month's total.
Of that total, 3,136 are battery electric and do not use any petrol.
Auckland has 2,299 of the combined EV total.
Wellington is second with 580.
Christchurch is 3rd with 505.
EVs are now 1.17% of monthly registrations as of the end of Q2 2017.
Just over 67% of EVs registered for the first time are used imports.
"Pure" EVs that don't use any petrol were 77.3% of the EVs registered in Q2 2017. The other 22.7% were pluggable hybrids.
Of the 3,136 purely battery electric cars registered in NZ, 2,038 of those are Nissan LEAFs, 225 are Teslas.