The Washington Post - Opinion: How much influence does Donald Trump still have? These five Republican primaries could tell us.
Former president Donald Trump continues to have an important influence on national politics despite being out of office for almost a year.
His effort to assert dominance and personal control over the Republican Party will be one of the most important political developments to watch as 2022 unfolds.
[Here follows] the list of the crucial races to watch to assess whether he succeeds. ...
1. Georgia’s Republican primary for governor
2. Arizona’s Republican primary for governor
3. Alabama’s Republican primary for U.S. Senate
4. North Carolina’s Republican primary for U.S. Senate
5. Idaho’s Republican primary for governor
These five top the list ... since all look likely to offer the former president a run for his political money.
If he doesn’t prevail in three or four of these high profile races, Republicans across the country will reassess their relations with the Margrave of Mar-a-Lago.