The NY Times - 5 Times Tucker Carlson Privately Reviled Trump
08 March 2023
The Fox host’s private comments, revealed recently in court documents, contrast sharply with his support of conservatives on his show.
1. On Trump’s Business Ventures (Nov. 6, 2020)
"All of them fail. What he’s good at is destroying things. He’s the undisputed world champion of that."
2. On Trump’s Plan to Skip Biden’s Inauguration (Nov. 10, 2020)
"I’d heard that about the inauguration. Hard to believe. So destructive."
"It’s disgusting. I’m trying to look away."
3. On His Interactions With Trump’s Team Over Sidney Powell, a Trump Lawyer (Nov. 23, 2020)
"I had to try to make the WH disavow her, which they obviously should have done long before."
"Pretty disgusting. And now Trump, I learned this morning, is sitting back and letting them lose the senate. He doesn’t care. I care."
4. On His Desire to Move On From Trump (Jan. 4, 2021)
"We are very, very close to being able to ignore Trump most nights. I truly can’t wait."
"I hate him passionately."
5. On the Aftermath of the Capitol Riots (Jan. 7, 2021)
"Trump has two weeks left. Once he’s out, he becomes incalculably less powerful, even in the minds of his supporters."
"He’s a demonic force, a destroyer. But he’s not going to destroy us. I’ve been thinking about this every day for four years."