Appreciate any suggestions!
I have been pretty pleased with my Bose QuietComfort 25s:
- They are overpriced, but I got a fairly hefty discount through spouses work at JB Hifi which took that sting away.
- I bought them specifically for travel - flights in particular.
- They are very comfortable for long periods.
- Noise cancelling is good. I often wear them to sleep on planes without the music!
- Harder to drive than I thought. iPod on its own needs the volume pushed much higher than I would normally. With my portable headphone amp in the mix, no worries.
- Sound is perfectly decent. Better than I would expect from Bose + NC...not as good as my favourite IEMs or open backs but that is to be expected.
- Great battery life from single AAA
- Good case and accessories
I would balk at spending full price, but if you can get a good deal or an import, I recommend them for travel phones.