The big question is whether it's better with Windows 7 or Windows 8.
Possible pros with Win8:
- touch interface might be useful in the future for TV-scale interfaces - or useful right now to switch between MediaPortal and browser or between browser tabs, if I can get MediaPortal and Chrome as tabs on the Metro UI
- improved startup times and sleep modes might be useful
- general refinements on processing that might help 1080i/1080p playback
- in support for longer than Win7
Possible cons with Win8:
- drivers may not be as robust as with Win7
- less mature tweaking
All advice gratefully received.