I have traditionally been using MediaPortal with the DJBlu custom sky grabber to allow full population of the Sky EPG in to MediaPortal including HD channel data, 14 day EPG and channel numbers. This had been working well until my system went kaput. I'm now trying to transition back to a decentralised TV Server from the Sky box and installed the latest version of the custom MP build with my modified Sky NZ plugin. Unfortunately while it will still pick up channel names and the general titles/contents, it now won't get the numbers.
The plugin suffers from a large number of issues:
- It was rebuilt using the final DJBlu DLL which was decompiled and then the code transferred across to an old version of the SKY UK source code. DJBlu lost all his code in an HDD crash and only had a really old version backed up. It did LCN, Channels, Titles and content but doesn't anymore.
- It is built in VB, hard to debug in comparison to MP and EPGC as they're in C# and I can't follow their setup correctly - This is definitely a me thing as I'm sure someone could look at the code and move it to C# and fix these issues really simply.
- It has a fixed reference point for decoding the DVB stream rather than following the proper offsets which leads it to occasionally not finding the titles or content and now appears to not find any channel numbers.
- It requires a custom MP build which is awkward to maintain.
In light of the above, does anybody know of a TV Server on the PC (windows preferably at this stage) that can do the following:
- Act in a decentralised manner, e.g. decouple the server from the client
- Can auto-update/delete of channels within a user set channel range, e.g. Sky NZ publishes to LCN 0 > 520ish, on a defined schedule. There are tons in the 900 range which are not required and the ability to type this range in would be fab.
- Can access the Sky NZ Channel numbers from the stream as well as the OpenTV data to get the full EPG including HD (unless Sky EIT data now has all channels etc.) including the regional variations so I only get Prime or TVNZ for Auckland.
- Supports the standard FW/RW/Skip/Pause/Play etc. similar to MP although a proper fast forward above x4 would be great.
- Ideally runs on Windows as my TV cards are in a Dell R310 which runs my Windows Server 2016 Essentials server and I can't be bothered to virtualise this as it will take some time to resort out my Domain Controller and connected PCs.
Anyone know of a system that can do all this?