I've been trying to get my jaycar reader working with NewCS and need some help on this.
- Win7 x64 (X2 5000+ / Core 2 Duo)
- Jaycar reader with Diode Mod and Inverse Mod
- Jaycar reader without any mods
- Sunix Serial PCI card
- USB to Serial (FTDI chipset)
- Sun VirtualBox with ClearOS
I have built 2 readers, one with the two mods described above and one without. Both the builds have been tested using a magnifying lens to ensure correct resistor values including tests with a multimeter before and after soldering.
Both the readers seem to work the first time (First test after the build). i can get the keys off NewCS (1.65 on Core2 and 1.67RC1 on X2 w/ ClearOS). Once I removed the card and inserted it again, NewCS doesn't seem to work. Also the yellow LED is not fully bright. At this point all I get is "rest failed" messages. If I disconnect power (tested with 12 V plug pack and internal PSU power), insert the card first and then apply power, the yellow LED is bright and now instead of "reset failed" messages, I get "Card 0900 on Com1 failed".
My card is recent myS*yHdi NZ45XX. I have tried pulling the card out by 1mm but no luck there. As stated above, the reader worked out of the box the first time. I'm out of ideas.
- Has anyone experienced this before. Working the first time and not again?
- Does your yellow LED on the reader changes intensity when you pull out and re-insert the card?
- Any suggestions you might have which could help me resolve my issue. Thanks for reading.