Current toys include:
- Laptop - DELL Inspiron 6000 - Widows XP, wireless to router using 802.11g
- Desktop - DELL - windows XP, wireless to router using 802.11g
- Cable modem - Linksys BEFCMU10 (wish I could get FIOS but we will too far off the beaten path)
- Router - Linksys Wireless G Braodband, 4 port switch, WRT54G
- Printers - DELL Laser MFP 1815 dn - cat 5 to router, option to direct connect to laptop with USB
- HP Laserjet IIIP (old but works) - direct connect, parallel to desktop DELL
I am hoping that this Site/Forum will help with decision on selecting the right equipment and software. It is getting harder and harder to trust the vendors. I have posted my current questions in the LAN section regarding Firewalls etc.