Geekzone: technology news, blogs, forums
Guest
Welcome Guest.
You haven't logged in yet. If you don't have an account you can register now.


Filter this topic showing only the reply marked as answer View this topic in a long page with up to 500 replies per page Create new topic
1 | 2 


9 posts

Wannabe Geek
+1 received by user: 1


  Reply # 1684608 8-Dec-2016 13:07
Send private message

sbiddle:

 

yokkem:

 

sbiddle:

 

yokkem:

 

Right, so that explains why the Spark/Huawei B315s config'd with that APN still won't pass traffic inward... I guess. Could a different router/modem with Spark SIM work? Appreciate your feedback & time with this...

 

 

Yes, but obviously not a Spark home wireless SIM since those are tied to the router.

 

 

So maybe a Spark mobile SIM in the Spark/Huawei device, would that work?

 

 

No

 

 

Spark mobile SIM in a non Spark router with SIM slot? So that would be not be on the wireless broadband service then. It would be on a std (or prepay) cellular plan?


2146 posts

Uber Geek
+1 received by user: 390

Lifetime subscriber

  Reply # 1684654 8-Dec-2016 14:11
One person supports this post
Send private message

Easiest solution is an outbound VPN connection to cloud, e.g., AWS Sydney, with virtual machine running OpenVPN. Public IP is just a few dollars and virtual machine free for a year I think. Use a Mikrotik, Raspbery Pi or maybe an old NAS on site as VPN client/device gateway.





Ross

 

Spark FibreMAX using Mikrotik CCR1009-8G-1S-1S+

 


Speed Test


 
 
 
 


27477 posts

Uber Geek
+1 received by user: 6942

Moderator
Trusted
Biddle Corp
Lifetime subscriber

  Reply # 1684655 8-Dec-2016 14:16
Send private message

yokkem:

 

sbiddle:

 

yokkem:

 

sbiddle:

 

yokkem:

 

Right, so that explains why the Spark/Huawei B315s config'd with that APN still won't pass traffic inward... I guess. Could a different router/modem with Spark SIM work? Appreciate your feedback & time with this...

 

 

Yes, but obviously not a Spark home wireless SIM since those are tied to the router.

 

 

So maybe a Spark mobile SIM in the Spark/Huawei device, would that work?

 

 

No

 

 

Spark mobile SIM in a non Spark router with SIM slot? So that would be not be on the wireless broadband service then. It would be on a std (or prepay) cellular plan?

 

 

Yes, or a commercial offering from somebody who offers data over Vodafone or 2degrees. The outbound VPN is probably the easiest way to overcome this but that's going to require additional hardware.

 

This issue isn't really any different to all the fixed line ISP's who offer CG-NAT, at the end of the day it's a perfect solution for 99% of users but isn't suitable for the other 1%

 

 

 

 


2554 posts

Uber Geek
+1 received by user: 1012

Trusted
Lifetime subscriber

  Reply # 1684697 8-Dec-2016 15:57
Send private message

I've covered this in this thread: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=66&topicid=203143

 

and this thread: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=66&topicid=201693

 

 

 

So basically you want to get a router that you can flash OpenWRT onto that supports OpenVPN as a client such as the TP-Link WR1043ND: https://www.pbtech.co.nz/product/NETTPL1043/TP-LINK-TL-WR1043ND-300Mbps-Ultimate-Wireless-N-Gi

 

Then either get a VPS, or have a Fixed Broadband IP address you can always connect to, then the Router behind CGNAT opens a semi-perminant tunnel to the end point.






1 | 2 
Filter this topic showing only the reply marked as answer View this topic in a long page with up to 500 replies per page Create new topic



Twitter »

Follow us to receive Twitter updates when new discussions are posted in our forums:



Follow us to receive Twitter updates when news items and blogs are posted in our frontpage:



Follow us to receive Twitter updates when tech item prices are listed in our price comparison site:



Geekzone Live »

Try automatic live updates from Geekzone directly in your browser, without refreshing the page, with Geekzone Live now.


Support Geekzone »

Our community of supporters help make Geekzone possible. Click the button below to join them.

Support Geezone on PressPatron



Are you subscribed to our RSS feed? You can download the latest headlines and summaries from our stories directly to your computer or smartphone by using a feed reader.

Alternatively, you can receive a daily email with Geekzone updates.