Also, there are clearly more teething issues in the call centre. Looks like there's quite a bit of variety in what's being discussed depending on who you're speaking too, particularly on the issues that (I guess) aren't in the FAQ for the call centre guys yet - i.e. the geeky issues.
Any chance of Vodafone clarification about:
- Static IPs - from what I gather, all FibreX connections are moving to DHCP. If you had a static IP (including opting in to a static IP coz you've got a Technicolor cf. Cisco modem), you need to specifically ask to keep it. I am paying an additional $4.99 per month for this. Though if IPv6 is coming, we might be able to transition away from IPv4 static IPs? (that last bit about IPv6 is a genuine question; my networking knowledge isn't up to much)
- 3 day guaranteed install for existing vs new connections? Nothing on the website seems to say anything about it only being new connections only.
- Minimum contract periods for existing vs new connections? I was certainly offered (and accepted) a 12 month lock in.
- Break / early termination fees for 12 months vs 24 months (and perhaps existing vs new connections). Seems to be answered above, but VF confirmation would be nice.
- The various discounts on offer - Sky and half price for six months? For new or existing? For 12 or 24 month connections? I got offered what I felt was a pretty amazing deal, but I suspect some of that was a bit of luck about who I spoke to.