The next T-Box update is in work. A version was received from Digisoft last week. During our QA process we found minor faults in one area of new functionality (Teletext and captions). These issues related to New Zealand and SKY-specific criteria that can be difficult to comprehensively test in Europe, outside the live environment.
Because the update did not pass our QA it is now being revised by Digisoft. Unfortunately, we can’t be specific on when the revision might be released as the time to fix is unknown, although is expected to be in the order of a few weeks. Once the revision is received from Digisoft we will be working around the clock to QA it. Please note that there is a small possibility that the update may again fail to pass QA – it would be unfair of us not to point this out.
The next update has been designed to address the major issues with:
- Frozen video occasionally when in the Live TV Buffer and you catch up with live TV (until Play/Pause is pressed)
- Frozen video occasionally at the end of playback of a recording
- When rewinding to the start of a recording and pressing stop, sometimes this causes a play error
- Radio channel sound issue on volume change
- Audio loss over HDMI on some televisions when the TV is put into standby or input changed
- In the morning the T-Box could occasionally display a ‘Not Subscribed’ message on all channels until rebooted.
- Deliver Teletext (over Composite and RF) and channel/programme captions (where provided by the broadcaster)
- Issues have been fixed for long recordings. Now able to record programmes up to 12 hours in duration correctly
- Streamline the software download and update process.
It is our intention to address the most frustrating issues in this next update, and Digisoft has advised that it will deliver a final version for our QA as soon as possible, and that it is a priority.