Geekzone: technology news, blogs, forums
Welcome Guest.
You haven't logged in yet. If you don't have an account you can register now.

76 posts

Master Geek

Topic # 94558 13-Dec-2011 21:30
Send private message

Hi All,

Was just wondering if anyone out here is using the Windows 8 Developer preview and has had screen resolution issue connecting to an external monitor?

When I connect my laptop to my 24" HD screen I'm able to use the 1920x1080 screen resolution option. However, the screen display uses approx. 80% of the screen area leaving a black border all around the remaining 20% or so.

Anyone had a similar issue or know why this could be the case? Could this be a driver issue? According to windows I'm using the latest drivers.


Create new topic

76 posts

Master Geek

  Reply # 559008 17-Dec-2011 16:09
Send private message

If you've read this post and faced any similar issues I've finally found the issue!! Basically I trusted what Windows 8 had said and turns out it was wrong!

According to Windows 8 it thought that I had the best driver already installed for my graphics card. After some digging it turns out it was wrong. I went to the Toshiba website and got the latest display drivers from there. Once these got installed my problem was fixed!

Shouldn't have overlooked the obvious!

Create new topic

Twitter »

Follow us to receive Twitter updates when new discussions are posted in our forums:

Follow us to receive Twitter updates when news items and blogs are posted in our frontpage:

Follow us to receive Twitter updates when tech item prices are listed in our price comparison site:

News »

Intel introduces new NUC kits and NUC mini PCs
Posted 16-Aug-2018 11:03

The Warehouse leaps into the AI future with Google
Posted 15-Aug-2018 17:56

Targus set sights on enterprise and consumer growth in New Zealand
Posted 13-Aug-2018 13:47

Huawei to distribute nova 3i in New Zealand
Posted 9-Aug-2018 16:23

Home robot Vector to be available in New Zealand stores
Posted 9-Aug-2018 14:47

Panasonic announces new 2018 OLED TV line up
Posted 7-Aug-2018 16:38

Kordia completes first live 4K TV broadcast
Posted 1-Aug-2018 13:00

Schools get safer and smarter internet with Managed Network Upgrade
Posted 30-Jul-2018 20:01

DNC wants a safer .nz in the coming year
Posted 26-Jul-2018 16:08

Auldhouse becomes an AWS Authorised Training Delivery Partner in New Zealand
Posted 26-Jul-2018 15:55

Rakuten Kobo launches Kobo Clara HD entry level reader
Posted 26-Jul-2018 15:44

Kiwi team reaches semi-finals at the Microsoft Imagine Cup
Posted 26-Jul-2018 15:38

KidsCan App to Help Kiwi Children in Need
Posted 26-Jul-2018 15:32

FUJIFILM announces new high-performance lenses
Posted 24-Jul-2018 14:57

New FUJIFILM XF10 introduces square mode for Instagram sharing
Posted 24-Jul-2018 14:44

Geekzone Live »

Try automatic live updates from Geekzone directly in your browser, without refreshing the page, with Geekzone Live now.

Are you subscribed to our RSS feed? You can download the latest headlines and summaries from our stories directly to your computer or smartphone by using a feed reader.

Alternatively, you can receive a daily email with Geekzone updates.