Kyanar: Having lived in Auckland for 28 years, I would unequivocably disagree with their assertion. Aucklanders are for the most part (with exceptions) arrogant, self-involved, rude, and just downright unpleasant. (As I say, there are exceptions. Unfortunately, even if the exceptions are 99% the remaining 1% are going to sour the opinion on the whole).Dingbatt:
My first question is what is Conde Nest Traveler? Does it rank in the top ten best travel information sites? Couldn't see how many of its readers had responded to its survey.
Conde Nast is one of the largest magazine publishers, if not THE largest magazine publisher, in the world. Traveler is one of their publications - it's not a website (though they do have a website for it, which I assume contains a subset of the content: http://www.cntraveler.com/)
Showed how world famous they are in NZ when I can't even spell their name correctly! I just tire of the number of press releases where 'such and such' publication has named this the best or that the worst. IMHO surveys really only record extremes because most people can't be arsed participating.
Classic example of vacuous lists, the Readers Digest most/least trusted. Top sports people always rate highly, when we actually know bugger all about them really. Politicians rank lowly because it is widely held that they are all dishonest.
Professions where your life depends on it always rank high, because you have to trust them.
Only a certain type of person will bother to respond to a magazine survey. So that immediately slants the results.
Friendliness is so subjective, how do you measure it anyway?