No Time to Die - 7/10 VMAX Tauranga South Event Cinema's
I had such very high hopes for this movie and Daniel Craigs last outing as James Bond 007 but was let down just slightly.
- overly long which they have only just managed to stitch together
- Rami Malek is not one of the franchises best villains. He just did not appear menacing enough (nor tall enough). No good catch lines either (e.g. "No Mr Bond I expect you to die" or "You always were a cunning linguist, James'.")
- Hans Zimmer's soundtrack had heavy shades of Batman Begins in it - very noticeable.
- to many references and nods to previous Bond movies that made it look like this was going to be the very last James Bond movie. Even though right at the end of the credits it states "James Bond will return".
- Then we have the 007 moniker confusingly swapped about
- though there was humour, it was not upto previous standards
- I did appreciate Ben Whishaw's (Q) nod to his characters and his real life husband - nice touch
- I also appreciated that they have moved on, with all of Daniels Craigs Bond Movies, from the misogynistic Bond of past movies.
Overall I did enjoy it but it did lack a certain 'je ne sais quoi'. However I will be buying the Blue-ray when it is released to add to my entire Bond collection.
Oh forgot - The watch EMP (electro magnetic pulse) that took out the bionic eye and the villains lairs cameras, why did it not take out Bond's & 007 audio ear piece ?