interesting comment.rather insulated i must say
i will say this..im not a gang member, never have been..however..do you realy think the gangs are riding harleys under the cops noses?..no, not really..its an attitude that is developing amongst the cops that anyone on a harley is an easy target..hard not to spot them
in the past i have assisted cops in difficult situations and indeed i have 5 mates who are cops..so i dont need people telling me they just doing their job..i appreciate what they do
however.you must admit...7 times in 5 weeks goes beyond the call of duty?
i will ad something else to the mix..most of the boys i know who ride harleys and are consistantly pulled over..ARE NOT european..
so perhaps now you might understand a little bit more where im coming from
i have a friend who is special air service who rides also..he gets pulled over (cops hate it as nothing comes up on thier enquiry as its restricted)..his C.O also rides..doesnot get pulled over
so t will be interesting to see what comes back from the ministry when i write the MPs and comissioner as well as police ombudsman
again..in any mans language being pulled over every 3-4 days is beyond a joke
1. Having spent 9 years in the police I think I know what I'm talking about. Gang members do ride Harleys, and do transport drugs. Your 5 mates would be able to tell you the same thing. I appreciate many Harley riders like yourself are genuine and decent people, but as always, it's the minority who ruin everything for everyone. If this weren't true, pulling over Harleys would yield the same result as pulling over 80 year old grandmothers in their 1971 Morris Minor.
2. So this is now going to become a race issue is it?
3. Nothing will come back from the Minister or the Commissioner. Your complaint will be acknowledged but that's about it. It is not excessive, it is not harrassment, they are doing their job.
4. You wanted constructive comments on how to deal with the issue instead of a lecture, well I did give you some advice. I said it's pointless because no one has done anything wrong.
5. What do you really expect to get out of this? A nationwide directive issued to not pull you over? An alert placed on the system saying to never pull you over? Permission to be sought from yourself or someone high up the ranks before they can activate the lights to pull you over? A letter apologising for the harrassment? Instructions that you can only be pulled over in certain situations, times of the day, etc?