ajobbins: My stance is that, even if they 'fix' the TV, I had already rejected it. Based on what has happened to date, I have no confidence what so ever in their ability to actually diagnose and fix the issue and I am not willing to risk taking the TV back.
They still can't give me a time frame for actually having it fixed anyway.
ajobbins: Got a response back from DSE when they received the Disputes Tribunal hearing notice.
They have offered me a brand new panel, of higher spec than what it is replacing. Although I would prefer my money back and go and buy a different brand from a different retailer, I will likely accept the offer and be done with it.
DSE have actually now acknowledged that it was a known fault for my model of TV, and this should have been picked up right at the beginning.
Still waiting to hear full details of their offer, but I think this is a satisfactory result. (Not a good result, but it will do). It's a shame I had to go through all of this effort just to enforce my rights as a consumer.
For shame, DSE, for shame.